MELBOURNE: MY LAST TRIP & VISITING LOTUS GARDENS

Monday, January 23, 2017

Hello! If you are reading this today, it's Monday and I have just got back home after visiting Melbourne for a couple of days. 

After not visiting Melbourne or my family for almost 4 years, in the last 2 and a half months I had made 3 seperate trips to down there. The reason why I traveled to Melbourne each time got worse, the last being that I had to say goodbye to my Grandma. As I said in my last post, this year has taken off to a very bad start, but I know now that I have the rest of the year to enjoy. 

Even though I was down there for all the wrong reasons, I was very happy to be able to have all my family there. It was the first time in years that I had seen some of my cousins (there is 18 of us!) and there was all there on Friday, except two, but we made sure that we took a big group photo of us all. 

The Blue Lotus Gardens
Before I flew back home on Saturday, Mum took my brother and I out for a drive. My Aunty Jo suggested that we should visit The Blue Lotus Water Garden out in Yarra Junction (I'm guessing one hour away from the City). The attraction takes place on 14 acres of land and is full of beautiful lotus flowers with spectacular scenery of mountains around the area. Apart from Japan, this is the only other place in the world where you can see the lotus & the biggest water lily. And you can only visit the garden 4 months of the year, which makes it a pretty special place to visit.

We where very lucky with the weather as it rained all of Friday and on Saturday the skies where sunny & blue. It was such a lovely day. I took a lot of photos so you can see it too, but the photos do not do justice of what it is like to see it yourself.



When you first walk into the Garden you are greeted with a huge space filled with all sorts of water lotus that you can purchase. 







Once paying for your entry, you walk through and see the most beautiful landscape filled with water plants & little red bridges. 











See! The photos do not do justice of how big the lotus are! This a comparison of how big a lot of the leaves are compared to my hand. 



These big, round, green things are one the worlds giant water lilies. They are so big that they can hold small children. 













After spending the morning at the Blue Lotus Water Gardens, we headed into Healesville to have some lunch at a Cafe & browsed a couple of the little shops in the town. After, we met another Aunty, Uncle & their kids at the Fitzroy gardens in the City before heading back home to the airport. 

These last couple of trips to Melbourne really reminded me of how much I love and miss my family. I really do need to take more holidays. Until then, I can't wait for my next trip. 

Over the next couple of weeks I will be working & taking time to relax as I head back to uni at the end of February. I will be writing a couple of more posts during that time- so watch this space. 

I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it- thank you for reading! And big thanks to Aunty Jo for recommending to visit the Lotus Gardens.


Much Love, Emily xx 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe