DECEMBER UPDATE: BOOKS, GIFTING & LIFE

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hello lovlies! 

I hope that you are all well & enjoying this crazy month of December. 


this month
I have been working my little butt off & on my days off I have been volunteering for the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary as a Christmas gift wrapper at the mall. Which has always been a dream for me & I must add is everything I thought it would be and more- I am loving every second of it!

Apart from that, I am trying to write a story for the Frankie Magazine Good Stuff Awards. I have almost wrote 3 full stories but I can't bring myself to finishing them as I have too many doubts about it all! But I have just over a month until submissions are due. And I have made a promise to myself that I will be submitting something. I keep you updated on that one.

For this Christmas I am going to be sticking around at home so I can take advantage of all the public holidays. Uni is just around the corner & I have to pay for all my text books and all that jazz, so the more savings the merrier.

books I'm reading*
Ohhh, I am finally reading again! I honestly can't remember the last time I actually sat down and finished a book... I have owned Lena Dunhams book 'Not that kind of girl' for well over  year now and I am finally polishing it off. Although, I just finished Rupi Kaur's book milk and honey, which was so good it took me less than an hour to read cover to cover. It was honestly the most beautiful poetic book I have ever played my eyes on. Everything about it was beautiful- the writings, the illustrations- just everything. If you are looking for something to read, milk and honey is a must buy.

For Christmas I have also made sure that I received a copy of Frankie Magazine's new book Something to Say & Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler. I can not wait to read the both of them. I couldn't tell you why I ever stopped reading, but I'm so glad I am again.


this year*

With the Christmas season in full swing and crazy busy in the retail world... last week I actually took a moment and stopped to think about all the things that I have achieved this year... I have been completely out of my comfort zone almost the whole time and have done so much it's crazy! I defiantly think that over the busy periods of your life that it is so important to take time out for yourself and give yourself a big pat on the back.

This year has been soo different & honestly one hell of a year. But oh my goodness, even though 2017 is a couple of weeks away I am so excited to see what this year has ahead for me.


Very short & simple post today, I know. It has taken me half a week to even finish typing this. My brain is all over the shop at the moment- literally (retail worker right here!) But it wouldn't be Christmas if it was this crazy.

Thanks for reading & much love,

Em xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe