AUSTRALIS CONTOURING & HIGHLIGHTING KIT REVIEW

Thursday, February 11, 2016


I have a face the shape of a ball, so learning how to contour and highlight is 100% necessary. On Youtube (aka beauty bible) there are so many different variations of what is the 'right' way to contour and highlight. It so freaking confusing when you have 10 million you tubers telling you to use this or only use that a certain way and  this is how you do it correctly... Blah. Blah. Blah. 

One of the first videos that I have ever watched on contouring and highlighting was this amazing video... 



As soon as I finished watching the tutorial, I felt a desperate need to purchase a dark & light concealer asap! I did the very next day after work and attempted to do this. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, or maybe it was because it's the first time that I had a 'not so round' face, but it just didn't feel like. It felt heavy like I was wearing a lot of makeup and I found blending the foundation with the concealers was very time consuming, and I want to find a routine that takes the least amount of time possible. 

Anyways, I have seen a lot of tutorials that just do there routine with blush, bronzer and a powdered highlighter. I gave that ago instead. I bought the Boe brand 2 in 1 highlighter and contour because it was only $16 and I didn't want to spend a huge amount of I don't like it. I found that the 'contour' browny colour was way too pigmented and was extremely hard to blend. Though, the highlighter was perfect. Anyways, I ended up using all of the powdered highlighter and decided to give the Australis Contouring & highlighter kit ago! 



I picked this baby up at Priceline full price for only $16- perfect! It comes with a few instructions on the back on how to choose your colour and where/ how to apply. If you're like me, you can skip all that because you already know (thanks again, youtube!) 

I love all of the pigments that come in the set. On the package it suggests to choose one brown colour that is 3x shades darker than your skin tone and one of the highlighters. I ended up using the yellowish colour under my eyes, kind of like a brightener for my baggies. I used the top left for the highlight just creating a side ways V shape around my brows and slightly under my eyes. And the brown in the bottom left corner (as you can see!) 


MY RATING: 9/10

I love it! It was super quick and easy to apply. I found that the contour and highlighters where super soft on my skin and where really easy to blend... I would have liked the highlighters to have a little more of a 'glow' or sparkle in them to really stand out.  If you are wanting to learn how to contour- one of these kits are a perfect way to start! 

If you love it: The girl at Priceline said that Australis have just launched a new collection of beauty products and that soon on the shelf you will be able to find the contours & highlighters available to buy singly! Yay! 

What products have you tried recently? Do any of you guys have a review on 'they're real' Benefit mascara? I would love to know what you think about it! I've been tossing up buying one for the last few months but I haven't heard too much hype about it. 

Em x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe